#OpenBSD Questions Answered:
Question #1 "[how,where,when,why,who] [can,is,does] [I,OpenBSD]....."
- Read the FAQ.
- Read the Man Pages.
- Read the Mailing List.
- Try Google's BSD search.
- Try the *BSD Usenet News Searcher.
- Check the OpenBSD Journal
- Check Daily Daemon News
- Check OpenBSD Explained
- Check O'Reilly's BSD section
- Check OS Online's BSD section
- Check Daemon News
- Check Slashdot's BSD section
- See if a linux HOWTO has a similar solution.
- See if [Free,Net]BSD has a HOWTO, FAQ, or Man Page that relates to the problem.
- Try those steps again.
- Repeat the last step.
- Repeat it one more time.
- Figure out all the specific details of your question. "how do i make my nic work" is not detailed.
- Get more details then you just figured out.
- Not enough details. try it again champ.
- Repeat every step so far.
- Go to efnet, get on #openbsd.
- Watch the channel for an hour.
- Repeat all previous steps.
- Buy the related O'Reilly book(s).
- /bin/sleep 5000
- If your question hasn't been asked and answered by someone else, ask with those aforementioned details.
Question #2 "RTFM?"
- Look at answer #2 to question #1.
Question #3 "If i repeat the steps, i'd repeat to #15 forver and never stop. how do you respond to that?"
- You're finally catching on.
Question #4 "I don't understand a step from Question #1, what do i do?"
- Insert your RedHat [cd,floppy] into your [cd,floppy] drive.
- Follow the easy instructions.
Question #5 "What is the [purpose,meaning] of life?"
- To get you to stop asking dumb questions in #openbsd.
Question #6 "Where can I find the OpenBSD ISO?"
- Close your eyes.
- What do you see?
- That is the response you will get when you ask this question.
Question #7 "What is a 'dumb' question?"
- See Question #7.
Question #8 "Can you explain that better?"
Question #9 "My Question still hasn't been answered."
- That was a statement. Not a question.
Question #10 "What do i do if my Question still hasn't been answered?"
- rm -rf /
Question #11 "Why are you so mean?"
- Why are you so dumb?
Question #12 "Will you give me any answers?"
- Login as root.
- Open a Bash shell. (if getting bash is your question, type /part #openbsd in your irc client)
- $(echo qizmmj|sed s/"q"/"r"/|sed s/"i"/"e"/|sed s/"z"/"b"/|sed s/"m"/"o"/g|sed s/"j"/"t"/)
Question #13 "What does OpenBSD have that [Free,Net]BSD doesn't"
- You coming in their channel and asking stupid questions.
Question #14 "If you don't answer questions in #openbsd, what do you do in #openbsd?"
- Complain about people like you.
- Talk about the beer we are drinking.
- Make fun of linux.
Question #15 "You all are almost as mean as the #freebsd people. Why?"
- We're working on that. Soon we will be meaner.
Question #16 "Are the openbsd commands the same as most *nix commands?"
- commands? we're still working on those. Openbsd is configured to play xevil on startup until these 'commands' are implemented